Monday, September 13, 2010

Mech #2

I have been given a second mech to work on. Dan Deppe had already modeled it from another one of Kai's concepts, so I just had to rig and animate it. I had some trouble figuring out a way to rig it to get decent results due to the legs being an awkward design, but with some help from Dan we managed to find a easy solution. We decided to rig the legs just like a normal pair of human legs and just skin the sections of legs to the right joints. This worked out great and was a lot easy than we thought.

Rig and Controllers
Fig 1) Rig and controller setup

Animation
Animation 1) Walk cycle

Animating this mech was great as well, I didn't have any problems with it. I managed to get a decent walk cycle going in no time and Gordon was really surprised and happy with the result. This was a great confidence booster for me as well. It showed me that I actually know what I am doing when it comes to animation and am heading in the right direction to becoming an game animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment